We’re kicking off the semester with a Bribie island trip, February 29th!
The trip includes all your transport, food, and sailing! You all just need to be at UQ Chancellors Place at 9:00am, and we’ll take it from there.
Most of the day will be spent just chilling and having a good time on the beach. We’ll be taking small groups out on the boats throughout the day so everyone can experience sailing, even if you’ve never sailed before! So, the day should give you a good feeling for what sailing involves!
So, come join us on Bribie and have an amazing day sun baking, swimming, sailing and partying!
And, in case thats not enough, sailors in attendance get a free drink at our next redroom!
Please note all participants must complete the UQSport swimming assessment before attending the event. Included with the event is one free entry into the UQ Aquatics center and we’ll be running a couple of fun swim days leading up to the event. Keep an eye on our facebook page for the exact dates.
– No need to be from UQ, as long as your a member everyone is welcome to purchase a ticket and come along
– Tickets are $50 to cover transport and food
– Buses will leave promptly at 9:15 am. Plan to arrive at 9:00am and don’t be late, we will leave without you if you do not show up on time. We will leave the beach at around 4:00pm for a 5:30pm return
– Bring sunscreen, a hat and swimmers and anything else you want at the beach. We’ll have water but it will be a hot day so it would be good to bring a bottle of water yourself
– Tickets are limited, there is only so much room on the buses
– Please note, this is a non-drinking event. For safety reasons, any persons under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs will no longer be permitted on the boats.
– Feel free to message the club if you have any other questions or concerns
– All attendees have to also show us you can swim, as required by UQ sports policy. But don’t stress! We will organise some pool day social events, or you can ask us about going for a swim at the UQ pool whenever suits!
**On the small chance that the weather is horrible, the event will be rescheduled**
This is an all ages event and all students are welcome to come.
We all look forward to seeing you all out on the water!
THE UNIVERSITY OF QUEENSLAND SAILING CLUB.Address: Building 25,The University of Queensland Union Rd,St Lucia QLD4067ABN: 68 168 395 674