Adventure Sailing – Mooloolaba
Saturday the 26th of September
Like us on Facebook to stay up to date: https://www.facebook.com/uqsail/
Adventure sailing gives members a non-competitive environment with supervised access to our Hobie Getaways. Adventure sailing is geared towards all members regardless of skill level. It is a great introduction to the sport. UQ Sailing has several experienced members organising and running it to ensure a safe day out on the water.
Locations for our adventures will be rotated throughout the semester, and the 1st location will be the beautiful Mooloolaba beach! We will aim to sail around the infamous Mudjimba island.
It will differ from our beach days as everyone will spend the whole day out on the water sailing!
We will meet 6am Saturday morning at the UQ pool and carpool our way up to Mooloolaba. We will aim to return to UQ by 6.15 pm, however it is a full day event and could change due to unavoidable circumstances. So please keep the whole day free.
- Transport to and from the UQ Pool
- Boats and experienced skippers
- All safety gear
Those attending should bring the following items:
- A hat
- Lunch (Although there are many places at Mooloolaba to purchase food if you are unable to bring some)
- A towel
- Shoes or Thongs (You don’t mind getting wet)
- Water bottle
- Swim gear
- Dry clothes to change into after the day
A confirmation email with further details will be sent out the afternoon/evening before the sail day. Please be patient when waiting for confirmation as spaces can sometimes be limited and weather conditions have to be taken into consideration.
No experience is necessary we have experienced skippers who attend and are more than happy to show you the ropes.
Weather can rapidly change on the day, and the adventure sail may need to be cut short if we cannot safely go sailing.
If COVID restrictions don’t allow us to run the event, you will be refunded $10 and the day will be turned into a standard social sailing.
We are taking all precautions to ensure our event is COVID Safe. We are in constant communication with UQ Sport and taking all recommendations from QLD Health. If you have travelled from interstate, experienced covid symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who has, please contact the exec and do not attend the event. Please read the UQ Sport Covid Statement available here:
As part of our COVID-Safe plan we ask that you:
- Bring your own equipment, such as a towel, water bottle, and sunscreen
- If you can make your own way to the sailing club, please do. If you can’t, no stress! We will organize a car pool.
- If you have flu symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has or is suspected to have COVID-19 please notify executives and do not attend the event.
- If you become sick after the event, you must notify executives as soon as possible.
- In general, practice good hygiene and social distancing at all times.
Adventure sailing is only available to members, so make sure you are signed in and have a current membership to sign up! If you are not a member or your membership has expired you can join the team here!!
Out of stock
Saturday, 5th of September