COVID Safe with UQ Sail
We are taking all precautions to ensure all our events are COVID Safe. The following information on club policies is important, so we ask that you read it before coming to any event!
When getting ready for the event:
- Please ensure you bring your own equipment clearly labelled (e.g. a towel, sunscreen, a water bottle), as sharing is prohibited
- If possible, use your own transport to the location
- Arrive dressed and ready to participate to negate the need to use changerooms
- Bring your own hydration to avoid the need to use communal water fountains
- Avoid mingling or play before or after sailing sessions.
- Maintain personal hygiene at all times
- Remain on the same boat throughout the event
- Avoid physical contact where possible
- Avoid touching your face
- Only use your own equipment (e.g. towel, water bottle, sunscreen)
- Follow social distancing when not sailing
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitiser which will be available at all times.
Do NOT attend the event if you:
- have any flu-like symptoms
- have been in direct contact with a known case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- have travelled internationally or interstate and have not yet quarantined for the recommended time as prescribed by the Local Health Authority
- are at high risk from a health perspective, including the elderly and those with pre-existing health conditions.
You must notify the club as soon as possible if:
- If you have any flu-like symptoms prior to training (and do not attend)
- If you have any flu-like symptoms after attending training and require testing
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19
- If you have been in contact with someone who has returned a positive test for COVID-19
If you cannot attend an event due to COVID-19 symptoms or potential contact with a COVID-19 case, we will offer you a credit for the next occurance of that event, or a financial credit for other events and products equal to the value of the purchased event ticket.
You will be sent all of this information prior to any events you book, and will be reminded on the day of the event. If you have any questions or need to contact the club you can reach us at email@example.com or on Facebook.
You can find our full COVID19 Safe Plan here
See you soon!!